Monday, April 9, 2012

any words of wisdom from the peanut gallery??

So, you know I just LOVE quotes.  I am obsessed with how people put words together in such meaningful ways.  So I heard this,
"It’s funny how our past frames us. How the person we used to be never lets loose of the person we are. Past failures and disappointments even victories take hold of us. They haunt us like ghosts. Or visit us like old friends." I loved it and it was exactly what I had been pondering in the last few days! I am doing a presentation on "What is a Brain Injury, Anyway??" One of the 'hot topics' in brain injury is "how has your personality changed since your injury? or do you feel like the same person?? Of course, no one can live through such an experience and not change!  So, yes, I feel like a completely different person but the essence of me is still there! Still a heart way bigger than my capacity to follow through as I wish I could! My struggles are completely different alsong with my strengths (I am still trying to figure this all out).  Sometimes, I feel like an akward teenager again, trying to figure out who you are and what you are all about!  Of course, it helps to know your sole desire is to bring God glory, no matter how many times you fail!!
May your memories "visit you like old friends"!

No comments: