Friday, December 16, 2011

More of my 'weirdness'

Ever since my aneurysm, you know I get easily confused about the simplest things! So here is something I just thought I'd mention for those who find these things fascinating (like I used to, but now the fascinating is just daily life).  I have a terrible time with the numbers 6 and 4.  My brain pretty much uses them interchangeably when it comes to new information.  So, if I am trying to remember a number (that is NOT in my 'long-term, pre-aneurysm brain' already), I pretty much never know if I have it right or not involving numbers 6 or 4.  So weird, at least if I really focus hard on it, and reason through i,t I can usually get it right.  When taking down library numbers over the phone I usually have to have a person repeat the number at least twice before I can focus enough to get the numbers correct; it makes me feel so silly sometimes! The one thing that even when thinking about it I don't always get correct, is my right and my left.  You would think that a spastic left side or the chronic ache from a few craniotomies on the right side would be a pretty obvious clue, but nope!  It is pretty much a 50/50 chance of getting it right every time! Oh the joys of being me :-) I am thankful that my faith tells me, I am "fearfully and wonderfully made"

No comments: