Thursday, September 9, 2010

JUST ADD IT TO THE LIST!

My job coach today told me to write a book and call it "Just Add it to the List". Yesterday, I went to my routine PCP follow up after changing around some medicine. Upon listening to my heart, she said "your murmur sounds much louder today". I didn't realize I even had a murmur she was keeping track of. Anyway, due to my medical history, further tests will be done on Thursday, just to be safe! Check Spelling
So, yesterday this story from childhood kept running through my mind. I felt like the "pup tent" that we once slept in while camping. Yes, it was held up by two flimsy strings and a thin pole on each end. And, to make matters worse it smelled like dog poo from being kept in a musty basement. One night my sister, Kristin, and I were smooched in this dog poo smelling pup tent with my 80 pound Lab, Megan. Of course the jokes were just flying amongst the friends with us (we were at a trail system with our horse for a trail ride). Well, in the middle of the night, in the dark, someone went to the bathroom and didn't have a light. I'm not sure why the smell didn't signal his proximity to our tent, but it was the middle of the night, so I'll cut him some slack. So, he trips over the thin string holding up one end of the tent. The whole end collapses in on Kristin and me as we are sleeping. Kristin woke me up for fear that we would suffocate to death. Neither one of us wanted to go outside and fix the string so we decided to just spin around so the end still up was by our head and the collapsed one at our feet. The next night, we decided it would be better to just clean out the horse trailer and sleep in there! To make a long story short, it was not better! Now it smelled like horse poo and the floor was even harder than the lumpy ground not to mention dirty! so, what is my point to this story? Sometimes I feel like that pup tent, held together by "two flimsy strings". From time to time one end doesn't work properly and needs to be "staked into solid ground" again. BUT, it could always be worse!!

1 comment:

Farmgirl said...

Ha ha ha ha ha!!! This is a hilarious story, and you at least smell much fresher than that poor tent. And if you didn't, we'd love you anyway.