Sunday, August 31, 2014

More anchors............

I heard the song  "Anchor" (click to hear it) in church today!  How fitting since the anchor symbol has been in the forefront of my mind all week! I cannot even count the number of times that my devotions/thoughts/prayers are echoed each Sunday in a new way! It has truly healed some scarred part of my heart! I am eternally thankful for the fulfillment of my longing to simply worship again! As a dear friend says, "Our church is like a hospital, where Grace heals wounded hearts of all kinds!" So, the anchor has and will still hold as I regain pieces of me, I once loved! Here are the words:

ANCHOR BY HILLSONG

VERSE
I have this hope
As an anchor for my soul
Through every storm
I will hold to You

With endless love
All my fear is swept away
In everything
I will trust in You

CHORUS
There is hope in the promise of the cross
You gave everything to save the world You love
And this hope is an anchor for my soul
Our God will stand
Unshakable

VERSE
Unchanging One
You who was and is to come
Your promise sure
You will not let go

BRIDGE
Your Name is higher
Your Name is greater
All my hope is in You

Your word unfailing
Your promise unshaken
All my hope is in You

1 comment:

kernscot said...

Hi- it was so good to see you, Nathan, and your parents at Paul's birthday party Sat. night! That was some party and so nice to see Paul, Teresa,their girls, and so many others having such a wonderful time. It was beautiful!
Love
Nan

Love the anchor of faith. Can't live without it.