Monday, June 4, 2012

10 Years!!! Can you believe it??

I had such high hopes of reflecting on ten years of marriage on the 1st of June since that was our actual anniversary, BUT it didn't happen.  So here you go, here are my thoughts on 10 years of marriage!
June 1,2002

June 1, 2002
So here we are 10 years ago not knowing what life had in store for us.  We had no idea that in only two short years our life would change forever after an aneurysm ruptured nearly taking my life!  The easy thing to do would have been to run!  Not sticking around to empty bedpans, have things thrown at you, holding my hand when I had no idea how to get on an escalator or being there to answer the phone and hear, "I just backed into the retaining wall in our driveway."  Now I could go on all day with the stories of why being my husband is not an easy job, but I won't! All I can say is, that I am so thankful for a husband who has stuck by my side for ten years!! In sickness AND in health, in good times AND in bad, that was our promise. He kept it, we kept it together!!! I will never know why he chooses every day to love me. Me, a very different girl from the one he married.  A life very different from what we planned.  I am more thankful for him and marriage today than I was 10 years ago (hard to imagine, right).   John Piper says in his book, This Momentary Marriage, "Marriage is not mainly about prospering economically. It is mainly about displaying the covenant-keeping love between Christ and His Church. Knowing Christ is more important than making a living. Treasuring Christ is more important than bearing children. Either way, it is short. It may have many bright days or it may be covered with clouds. But if we set our face to make of marriage mainly what God designed it to be, no sorrows and no calamities can stand in our way. Every one of them will be not an obstacle to success, but a way to succeed."
Thank you Nathan for loving me!!

On our honeymoon in Maine 2002
2005 somewhere "in between"


Oh, and click HERE for a link to our Cape Cod, Nantucket, Martha's Vineyard trip!!
10 years later 2012 in Cape Cod, MA

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A beautiful story...and it gives me hope for my little lost lamb...
You know what I mean.

Blessings to you both, and many more years of "this momentary marraige" for you!

Your friend on the pilgrim road,

Loriann Smith

Vonnie said...

Wow Again! I'm enjoying your comments on your husband & feel the same way on mine. He has also stuck by me & I can't seem to understand it BUT Thank God daily cause every day I'm a different girl too! Loved the lighthouse pictures too since that was my Joy seeing before our accident in 2007