* short term memory loss problems and if the setting is loud or has lots of commotion around me it makes everything a million times worse.
* hard time concentrating or doing any task longer than 10 minutes.
*FATIGUE, FATIGUE, FATIGUE- I need frequent breaks or I have melt downs or panic attacks! After about 4 hours of standing/being upright I need to lay down for a bit in a dark, quiet place free of extra sensory stimuli!
* tightness (tone, it's called) in my left hand and loss of fine motor skills on that side not to mention the "left side inattention where my brain doesn't recognize things to my left side even though I can physically see them).
* talking to people exhausts me in general. I have a hard time following conversation and sometimes wonder what we were talking about! The phone is the worst, please, just send me an email, unless you have a quick question!!!
*sometimes I still hear things but they don't actually process (so if I just keep saying 'uh huh' that is usually an indication I can hear you but am not actually processing information)
* I take/understand things very literally!!
* I obsess or fixate on things without being able to "let it go".
*I am incapable of multi-tasking and changing tasks is horribly exhausting (hence, the reason I can only last 4 hours at work and then need the next day to recover from it). It is always 'one thing at a time', I am either talking or scanning in books, not both!!
*sequencing is a nightmare (cooking is very hard for me). Every day, I make a numbered list of the things I need to do for that day!!
* I am horribly light and sound sensitive. If you meet me in a store this is most likely how you will find me. My dear friend, Mer, thinks I may have turned into some kind of 'woodland elf' the way I shield myself from bright lights (again, my pupils no longer dilate properly, it is a 'function of the brain')!!
So, while you won't notice my deficits most of the time, they are very real to me and I will continue to be amazed that you don't notice(or it's not obvious) how hard I am working to carry on 'normally'!!
|So despite the fact that it has been cloudy and raining/snowing the last few days this is how you will find me outside my cave/house blocking out every trace of light I can!!!|