Monday, April 15, 2013

Classic

Yesterday, while surfing the web a title "Rosey Outlook" with a picture of a beautiful rose bush popped up.  Loving roses, I clicked on it. I "read" the article and for some reason thought it was talking about a new hybrid rose with this name! Today, still obsessed with finding one , I googled "Rosey Outlook" and got a few sites on roses but none by this name. Frustrated and exhausted I abandoned my efforts and took a nap, after revisiting that original article. As I was drifting off to sleep, it dawned on me, the article was about, rose gardening, not just one rose plant with that name, DUH! Seriously, it took me literally HOURS/days to process that! So I wonder, has my reading level really moved past the "fifth grade level" I was tested at, 8 years ago following my rupture???? I'm going to blame it on a crazy busy shift at the library Saturday, frying my brain as it always does!!! Since I was looking for this plant as a gift,  I was going on and on about how I couldn't find one to my hubby.  I just told him of my silliness. His response, a chuckle and, "this is just one reason why I love you." I'll take it!

In other news, if you are looking for an encouraging blog check out  PRETTY GOOD AT LIFE, written by a college friend of mine.  I find other people's thoughts on my story interesting too!!
 

No comments: