Tuesday, August 10, 2010

New 'Normals'

Okay, I admit, I am not good at change, adjusting, going with the flow; whatever you call it, I am not good at handling it. You know what I mean; so accepting 'new normals' in life has and is a struggle from time to time. My sister just had a baby boy (Brody DeWayne Owen Darnell)....Where I really want to be is there with my family meeting little Brody. Before my aneurysm ruptured, I would have just driven there (3 hours each way) and met him, then come home, packed, and headed on vacation with Nate and our good family friends. I can no longer physically or mentally do that. I need days (yup days) to pack and would need a week to recover from a trip like that! So I am VERY VERY thankful that I am here and will eventually get to meet him while at the same time still feeling a little sad that I can't fit it all in as I would like! So welcome to the world Brody, I can't wait to meet you!

No comments: