Friday, July 20, 2018

Me, really?

Our church recently asked for people willing to share their stories to create a series of videos to post on their website.  I immediately knew I had to share mine.  I can't give you the link until it has been played for our church but in it I talk about relating to how Moses responds when God chooses to send him.
Moses questions why he would be chosen.  He even has the audacity to tell God he is poor at speaking.  Then he questions why anyone would listen to him and who he needed to say sent him when he got there(I guess he was willing to go).  God doesn't just let Moses off the hook that easy.  He does send with him a helper to speak and he tells Moses to tell the people ,"I AM" sent you. So simple, so profound.  I might not have even thought another thing about that but I either read a devotion or heard a sermon that talked about the profound impact, "I AM" can have ; I'll get the in a minute.  So if you know me at all nobody has to tell you God is at work and can take full credit for me both being alive and for my determination to keep going and not coming totally unglued or consumed by anxiety (believe me I still have my moments, the struggle is real.) But, if you truly know me, even a little you are amazed God would choose such a weak, crazy, indecisive, insecure human being to survive what the medical world claims is impossible and live with the effects of it daily.  But, I have always known God can use anyone and he usually uses the weak so His power is evident.  I'm not going to lie, really I was and am a prime candidate! And God may have used it in my life to take me out of my uncertainty. I always just had a feeling His plan for me did not fit the usual mold, but nobody would listen to me about that either, except my hubby. Thank the Lord, even if he didn't get it he certainly didn't stuff me into a world that I did not belong.  For that I will be eternally grateful. For those who kept trying to stuff me in their box for whatever the reason, I am still learning how to forgive.  It only led to a belief that "nobody would listen to me anyway", sound familiar??
  "I AM," have you ever thought about that? Honestly, I never had, not really.  When God says "I AM"  it is all encompassing. I say, "I am too weak, I am just so tired." God says, "I am strong. I am your strength.2 Corinthians 12:9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." I say, I can't speak well." God says, "I AM speaking."Exodus 4:12 - Now then go, and I, even I, will be with your mouth, and teach you what you are to say." I say, "Nobody will listen."God says, "I AM here, I hear you. 1 John 5:14 "This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to His will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us—whatever we ask—we know that we have what we asked of himWhatever, you need is within the power of the Great "I AM." Try it, express a need and there is an answer in the "I AM;" I mean He did create all things and gives and supplies  all things. Do you know the Great I AM, can you hear his gentle, quiet whisper answer your need?? Or, are all you've ever known been doctrine and duty and they are so loud you have never heard a whisper. "In the secret, in the quiet place. In the stillness, You are there."

6 comments:

kernscot said...

hi Lisa-

It is always a comfort to know God is there. Thank you for sharing.
He is helping me to type this with my left hand. I just had surgery for rt. arm carpal tunnel and cubital release. Love you-

Nan

Jodi said...

I have been following your story for a while now and have to stop to say thank you. Thank you for sharing your journey. I have multiple survivors of varying BI’s in my family (2 sons with major concussions 1of them deals frequently with headaches and tinnitus; 1 son with a severe BI but has survived amazing well and surprised and surpassed all expectations of medical staff, 1 daughter with a major concussion and deals with almost daily headaches, a husband who survived multiple car accidents and one where he was thrown for a truck after hitting the second engine of a moving train and lastly my daddy who was beaten up and is a quadriplegic with severe brain damage) I thank you for being open and honest as a survivor because as a caregiver to these loves of my life, it helps to understand some of what they go through so I can help them better! Thank you and God bless!

Unknown said...

Hi, Iam Jodie, I am also a brain injury survivor. My T.B.I was due to a semi hitting my Mazda MiatA convert able with me In it. I was in acoma for two and a half months. My T.B.I happened in 1998. Although my symptoms(pRYlization on my left side,confusion, anxiety, deppression,severe anger and impuslse control,and many many others) have gotten better for a period of 18 years I find now my symptoms seem to be worsening again. Especially the tiredness, i.pulstivity. confusion.and my thought process. This is my first time reading and anticipating in a public forum. I have kept the pain of my brain injury and what it has and hasn't done for my life to myself. I think they call that "suffering in silience" Our pain and daily struggle is very real and thank u so much for having the courage to start your blog. I will be faithful reader.

Blessed Girl said...

Thank you! Blessings on your journey!

Blessed Girl said...

Thanks for your comment! You certainly have a lot to deal with! Many blessings to you as a caregiver, it is not for the weak!

Anusha Todurkar said...

My husband came to me and apologized for the wrongs he did and promised never to do it again. Ever since then, everything has returned back to normal. Thank you Dr OSELUMEN  for saving my broken Marriage. Dr. OSELUMEN is the best online spell caster that is powerful and genuine. Email him today. Email him: droselumen@gmail.com   or Call or text him on WhatsApp: +2348054265852  .. .......    He can also perform the following spell below 1. Lottery spell ......2 Good luck spell........3. Spell to win case in court.......4. pregnancy spell  ........5. Death spell......